|Description:||The Estimator will support sales and operations departments by providing quotes to customers and outside vendors, soliciting pricing and compiling information from supplies in order to formulate detailed quotes. Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements.|
* Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
* Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
* Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
* Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Proven experience as construction estimator
* Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts
* Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
* Comfortable with numbers and technology
* Excellent knowledge of estimating software
* Great attention to detail
* Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
* Well-organized and reliable
* Excellent interpersonal skills in both verbal and written communication with the ability to negotiate
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
* Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and AutoCAD a plus
* Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification will be a plus
Education and Experience:
* BS/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant field, preferred
* Education in Construction Management or CAD Design, preferred
* At least 3 years of experience in both estimating and construction, preferred
This position will begin as a Contract position.
To apply, send resumes to Ava Smith at Ava@flatfeehiring.com. Respond to this inquiry as soon as possible for immediate consideration - Interviews have begun!
|Salary:||Depends on Experience|