The Janitor will be accountable for cleaning and providing upkeep for spaces and buildings, maintaining cleaning supplies, operating cleaning equipment, and amicably engaging with company's corporate and government clients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
• Gather and empty trash.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications, as applicable.
• Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
• Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
Skills and Qualifications
• Must have at least 12 months experience with carpet care- shampooing, extracting etc.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills,
• Previous experience in hotel, house, dorm cleaning/ janitorial work, a plus
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have ability to obtain access cards
• Must pass Background Check, Drug Test and have a clean MVR
• Able to operate machines and lift machines, as needed
• Organized and detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines
• Professional demeanor and excellent conversation skills.
• Able to read, write, comprehend the English language
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
• Additional shifts, with notice, may be required
• Commercial cleaning knowledge is a plus
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 years of professional cleaning experience, preferred
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
|Salary:||Depends on Experience|