|Description:||Job Summary: |
The Construction Foreman is responsible to lead a team or crew in completing construction projects. Will work under the direction of Managers to identify the various phases of a job. May be involved in recruiting, hiring and training the work crews necessary to successfully complete projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, organize and coordinate on-site execution of work scope from start to finish to include those of subcontractors.
• Direct, supervise, and troubleshoot common issues that arise on the job.
• Serves as a go-between with workers, subcontractors, and managers and also as the main point of contact for job-site operations.
• Executing project delivery according to plans, specifications and identified priorities.
• Monitoring work crew attendance and performance and make recommendation as necessary for improving.
• Lead new recruits on-site orientation and training as necessary
• Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
• Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
• Report on progress to in-house management team
• Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites at all times
• Assign/schedule workers according to work availability and work priorities
• Adjust work as necessary due to weather, supply delivery and personnel
• Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on site quickly and amicably
• Will keep employees motivated, resolve personnel conflicts
• Will simultaneously work with employees, customers and management
Skills and Qualifications
• Leadership Skills
• Time Management
• Analytical Skills
• Proven working experience in project supervision in the construction sector
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience as construction foreman
• In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
• Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems
• Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate and report effectively
• Aptitude in math
• Problem-solving abilities
• Good physical condition and stamina
Education and Experience
• High school diploma
• Management experience
• 5+ years of experience with some of the technical aspects of construction projects, such as carpentry, concrete work, plumbing and electrical work.
Certifications / Training Requirements
1. Must have or willing to obtain within 30 days OSHA-30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program Certification
2. Must have or willing to obtain in 30 days US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM)
3. Must have or willing to obtain in 30 days American Red Cross First Aid & CPR Certification
4. A plus-Environmental Compliance Assessment Training and Tracking System (ECATTS)
5. Optional: Fred Pryor Seminars / The Rules & Regulations of Workplace Safety and OSHA Compliance (is a plus).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Position, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand and walk for periods ranging from 8 or more hours at a time.
• Lift, carry, and move in a push or pull manner 50-100 pounds.
• Ability to push, pull, feel, bend, lean and stoop without hindrance.
• Full range of body motion.
• Sit, climb or balance.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com
|Salary:||Depends on Experience|