The Corporate Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations and cash management of the company, to include the production and analysis of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted account principles and financial reporting standards. Provides ongoing assessments and consultation to management, regarding fiscal matters, benefit program execution, regulatory compliance and risk management.
• Reports directly to the President.
• Supports CEO administratively
• Oversees the staff Accountants
• Oversees the administration of certain HR functions, such as Payroll
Other Key Relationships:
• Operations Managers
• Business Unit Leaders
• Human Resources Manager and/or Administrator
• Insurance Brokers
• CPA and Audit firms
• Government Entities (Unemployment, etc.)
• IT and Human Resources Consultants as necessary
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Through the employee’s own efforts, appropriate delegation to the Direct Report and collaboration with Business Unit Leaders and other appropriate stakeholders, the Corporate Controller accomplishes the following essential job functions:
1. Financial, Accounting and Administration
a. Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statement, and annual audits and annual budgets.
b. Review and approve all pricing proposals.
c. Ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
d. Maintain chart of accounts.
e. Oversite of Account reconciliations for Balance Sheet and Bank accounts.
f. Oversite of Close fiscal periods (Months and year-end).
g. Maintain and manage cost accounting functions.
h. Cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
i. Ensure accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable & Payable functions.
j. Payroll Processing.
k. Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns, taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
l. Collaborates with the CEO’s third-party Tax adviser and provide strategic guidance to advance the interests of the owner and the business.
m. Ensure the CEO’s tax deposits are made on a timely basis.
n. Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
o. Provide analysis on monthly corporate financial results on a timely basis, including reporting on key trends, business unit profitability, KPI’s, budget variances and cash flows.
p. Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
q. Ensures timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state entities, and the Senior Management team. Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
r. Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
s. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
t. Oversite of accounting records for US&S, Inc. and its subsidiaries
u. Develop necessary reports as needed for outside entities, including the Department of Labor, Workers Comp and General Liabilities Vendors.
v. Legally set –up new entities with the appropriate Secretary of State and taxing authorities.
w. Asset management (i.e. fixed assets etc.)
x. Provides ongoing coaching to direct reports.
2. Planning, Policy and Stakeholder Relations
a. Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
b. Work with management to develop the annual operating budgets.
c. Provide YTD and Forecasted Financial Reports to various entities (i.e. Bonding company and bankers).
d. The Bonding Liaison between US&S and the Agent.
e. Coordinate year-end audit or review engagement and provide required supporting schedules.
f. Coordinate and provide agent with all information for General Liability Insurance renewal. Assist HR Department with Workers’ Compensation renewal.
g. Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships and outsourced functions.
h. Prepare and Submit Borrowing Base Certificate Monthly and Quarterly for Line – of –Credit.
i. Monitor the company’s compliance with debt covenants related to Line-of Credit.
j. Advises CEO on matters relating to the business.
k. Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
l. Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
m. Engage with the Senior management team to develop short, medium and long –term financial plans and projections.
n. Represent the company to financial partners, inducing financial institutions, investors, joint ventures, joint venture entities/partners, auditors, and other internal and external stakeholders.
o. Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
To perform the job successfully, the employee should achieve or maintain acceptable productivity levels, quality levels and / or outcomes in the areas listed below.
a. Maintain knowledge of the Company’s diverse Business Units as the company evolves.
b. Produce work that is timely, accurate, relevant and insightful.
c. Initiates ideas for improvements to processes, procedures, policies and systems.
d. Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
e. Advocates for the most cost-effective and quality outcomes when opportunities to do so exist.
f. Maintains knowledge of current relevant laws regarding the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other relevant regulations affecting the business.
g. Maintain knowledge of GAAP and best practices in the accounting function and initiates changes as needed.
h. Prioritize goals and tasks by addressing those that pose the greatest risk to non-compliance, or cost.
To perform the job successfully, the employee should possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors:
• Analytical Thinking – Uses logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome. Behaviors include recognizing fundamental elements of a situation, clarifying the situation, exampling the facts and making assumptions, evaluating, interpreting and integrating.
• Accuracy-Demonstrates precision and correctness in work.
• Communication- speaks clearly, writes effectively and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens to management, coworkers, employees and customers in order to effectively and efficiently shares information and ideas; demonstrates effective group presentation and meeting skills.
• Results-Oriented Thinking and Behavior – Demonstrates a genuine concern for effectiveness; possesses the desire to get the job done with excellence; is focused on getting the best results for actions taken; does not settle for mediocrity.
• Flexibility-Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to tasks effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
• Self and Staff Development- Works to improve the performance of oneself and others by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning / feedback; constructively helps and coaches others in their professional development; exhibits a “can-do” approach and inspires others to excel; develops a team spirit.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant business discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years financial and / or accounting experience.
• Strong general ledger skills.
• Advanced Excel software skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant Designations and / or Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
• Previous management experience of an accounting function
• SAP, SAP B1 Software Application Experience
• Crystal Report Writing Experience
• Experiences managing accounting processes associated with various federal contractors.
Background Check Results:
• Clean criminal background record.
• Good credit report
• Ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol screening tests
• Authorization to work in the US per E-Verify database
General Working Hours / Shifts
• Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am.
• Will occasionally work outside of normal business hours to meet business needs.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com for consideration.
|Salary:||Depends on Experience|