Duties & Responsibilities
Must be proficient in Dozers and Excavators with GPS
Exact duties can depend on a heavy equipment operator's specialization. Some common responsibilities include:
· Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company's operating safety policies and procedures.
· Perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
· Respond to signals and directions by the staff and work in coordination with them
· Maintain proper coordination and cooperation with the road and transport system while driving/working, so that the normal activities are not disrupted.
· Operate the equipment manually and also through the use of electronic or technical methods of operation.
· Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance.
· Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
· Ensure company equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner. Collect and dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
· Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
· Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
· Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures
· Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
Job Type: Full-time
M-F, Some weekends required
6am to 5pm
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour