Program Support Specialist
Greenville, SC - December 6, 2021
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
United Ministries serves and empowers those on the transformative journey to self-sufficiency. Our vision is a community working together to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to thrive in Greenville.
The Program Support Specialist (PSS) provides operational support to the programs and services located in the Puckett Center for Economic Mobility. The PSS is responsible for engaging with prospective participants by responding to program inquiries, conducting initial phone screening interviews, and making referrals as needed. The PSS also provides critical clerical support for program staff, including data entry, file management, schedule coordination, supply management, and document delivery. Lastly, the PSS ensures a high-quality experience for visitors to the Center by serving as the primary receptionist and providing oversight for the building’s public spaces.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to engage with all parties using diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) best practices, as well as to assist people facing barriers of all types.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Zoom, and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Proficiency with navigating, researching on, and collecting information from the internet
- Proficiency with using a database and spreadsheets to organize and track various kinds of participant data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity and discretion
- Regular and sustained attendance
- Demonstrated skill with multi-tasking, time management, planning, organization, and follow-up
BENEFICIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
WE ALSO OFFER THE FOLLOWING TO ALL FT EMPLOYEES:
- 90% employer paid medical plus the option of dental/vision (employee covered)
- STD/LTD (employer paid)
- Voluntary life
- 15 days of annual PTO (with 20 days per year after 3 full years of employment and 25 days per year after 6 full years of employment)
- 11 holidays