Tuscaloosa, AL - January 3, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Site Superintendent needed for our Tuscaloosa, AL market!
Jordon Construction Company LLC d/b/a JCC General Contractors (“JCC”) is an SBA 8(a) certified, minority-owned business specializing in commercial construction that entails private, public and government projects. JCC provides a wide range of construction services, as well as employs skilled contractors with experience in the specialties required to complete a variety of projects on-time and within budget. JCC also recently received its Hub Zone Certification.
The Site Superintendent will serve as JCC’s on-site production, quality, and safety representative. The Project Manager will be the on-site point of contact for coordination of all phases of assigned projects and be responsible for the timely completion of all tasks associated with assigned projects. This includes ensuring work is proceeding on schedule and within budget, as well, as ensuring that the project is conducted within strict adherence to plans, specifications, and other contract requirements. The Site Superintendent will ensure that conflicts within or revisions to said documents are communicated to the project team (i.e. superiors, architect, engineer, consultants, Owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. Additionally, the Site Superintendent will log all daily site occurrences per contract requirements of JCC standard operating procedures (SOPs), and immediately notify management of an issue that may impact production, quality, and/or safety. Note that office work may be required as needed or to facilitate professional development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the planning and coordination of all on site work activities in accordance with contract requirements, regulations, and/or JCC SOPs. This includes reviewing estimates, budgets and take offs; organizing work crews; and scheduling preparatory phase meetings.
• Be present and attentive during all site activities to ensure project plans (safety, quality, etc.) are being followed and that that project is executed efficiently (on schedule) and within budget
• Maintain a safe and injury free work environment.
• Develop and enforce project specific schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use according to government and contractual guidelines.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, and manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Advise senior level management of potential problems or scheduling difficulties, while seeking solutions to circumvent or mitigate such conflicts.
• Interact with client, architect, end user, and other relevant personnel to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction.
• Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving so as to reduce the cost incurred.
• Foster good communications between project management, field engineering, estimating, and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications, and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in construction or a related field, preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in the construction industry
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in the construction industry
• Computer/Software proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe or other PDF software
• Ability to work with client, end user, subcontractor, and management representatives simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent judgment and the ability to execute high-level decisions that affect the project on a regular basis
• Ability to shift gears mid-stream to address emerging issues
• Ability to enforce production, quality, and/or safety requirements while maintaining a healthy work environment
• Ability to read and interpret design drawings
• Proven leadership ability
• Experience working with government clients, USACE, GSA, .NAVFAC, etc.
• Experience writing project planning documents (EPP, APP, QCP, AHA, RFI/RFV, etc.).
• Familiarity with EM 385-1-1.
Certifications / Training Requirements:
• Must have OSHA-30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program Certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of employment.
• Must have US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM) or be able to obtain within 30 days of employment
• Must have American Red Cross First Aid & CPR Certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of employment.
• Must have completed Environmental Compliance Assessment Training and Tracking System (ECATTS) Program or be able to complete within 30 days of employment.
• Optional: Fred Pryor Seminars / The Rules & Regulations of Workplace Safety and OSHA Compliance (a plus).
Salary dependent on experience
*Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, Vacation and Holidays*Return to List Printable Version