Tuscaloosa, AL - January 3, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Project Manager needed for our Tuscaloosa, AL market!
Jordon Construction Company LLC d/b/a JCC General Contractors (“JCC”) is an SBA 8(a) certified, minority-owned business specializing in commercial construction that entails private, public and government projects. JCC provides a wide range of construction services, as well as employs skilled contractors with experience in the specialties required to complete a variety of projects on-time and within budget. JCC also recently received its Hub Zone Certification.
Job Skills and Requirements
You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees.
You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
Math and Budgeting:
Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.
You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
1 - 5 years minimal, i.e. Construction or related field.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Maintain a safe and injury free work environment
. • Will participate in managing projects from the pre-award stage and continuing with the execution or continuing until the executing stage.
• Will assist with compiling solicitation binders.
• Experience with Project Management in the Healthcare and Government Sector is a plus.
• Business Development experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, equivalent experience will be considered.
• Proven working experience in project supervision in the construction sector.
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in construction management.
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
Certifications / Training Requirements
1. Must have or willing to obtain within 30 days OSHA-30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program Certification
2. Must have or willing to obtain in 30 days US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM)
3. Must have or willing to obtain in 30 days American Red Cross First Aid & CPR Certification
4. A plus-Environmental Compliance Assessment Training and Tracking System (ECATTS
5. Optional: Fred Pryor Seminars / The Rules & Regulations of Workplace Safety and OSHA Compliance (is a plus).
Project Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management, Inventory Control and Verbal Communication.
The Project Manager may be assigned other job-related tasks associated with this position, as well as receive instruction, via a comprehensive training curriculum, on how JCC conducts construction operations and what is expected of general contractors and construction management firms who perform work for JCC.
*Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, Vacation and Holidays*
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, respond to this inquiry as soon as possible for immediate consideration - Interviews have begun!Return to List Printable Version