Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Set-up and operate CNC Lathes with Fanuc controls according to engineering specifications, instructions, and operation sheets.
• Select appropriate cutting tools, fixtures and tool holders for a given job.
• Run similar jobs of short cycle times for extended periods of time where manufacturing processes are stable and do not require frequent change.
• Read and interpret engineering instructions, travelers, and blueprints and be familiar with geometric tolerances and principles.
• Operate more than one machine at a time, one to two machines depending on the nature of the job its complexity
• Must perform routine maintenance on assigned production equipment, i.e maintain cleanliness of work area and machinery, check machinery fluids and alert maintenance personnel and/or supervisor of malfunctions.
• Operate in-process inspection techniques, standards, and requirements. Able to use and interpret precision measuring devices such as Micrometers, Vernier’s, and various hand tools, i.e., gauges to verify the accuracy of dimensional characteristics of components.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Min 5 years of experience
2. Ability to work independently
3. Ability Standing for long period and lift 75lbs
4. Knowledge of metal characteristics in a production setting is desirable but not required.
5. Knowledge of programming code, ability to program code a plus
6. Machinists must have good verbal and written communication skills: good math skills and good interpersonal skills, Must work well with colleagues, supervision and management.
7. Basic windows computer skills, Excel knowledge a plus.
8. Must have Swiss style machine experience. Mori Sprint 32 machine experience a plus.
DAY SHIFT: MON-THURS 5:00 am-3:00 pm
NIGHT SHIFT: MON-THURS 3:00 pm-1:00 am
BENEFITS: VACATION TIME
Depends on Experience