Greenville, SC - April 22, 2022
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
Organic Tan FACE AND BODY is looking to expand their team!
The Spa Manager is responsible in overseeing all aspects of the Spa. She/He will hire and train staff members, delegate tasks to employees, and set a schedule. She/He will also be responsible for the performance of their spa and will develop marketing campaigns and maintain sales goals. She/He will ensure that the Spa meets Federal and State compliance requirements. The Spa Manager will report directly to the Spa’s Owner.
The Spa Manager’s duties and tasks will include:
- Ensuring that the spa achieves or exceeds its set goals in relation to cost of operations and spa revenue, whilst providing highest quality level customer service.
- Informing staff of job responsibilities, performance expectations, client service standards, or corporate policies and guidelines.
- Planning or directing spa services and programs.
- Training staff in the use or sale of products and services.
- Assessing employee performance and suggesting ways to improve work.
- Checking spa equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Coordinating Spa schedules to maximize usage and efficiency.
- Developing staff service or retail goals and guiding staff in goal achievement.
- Establishing spa budgets and financial goals.
- Placing orders of supplies and retail, managing inventory control.
- Monitoring operations to ensure compliance with applicable health, safety, or hygiene standards.
- Performing accounting duties, such as recording daily cash flow and preparing bank deposits.
- Recruiting, interviewing, or hiring employees.
- Responding to customer inquiries or complaints.
- Scheduling staff or supervising scheduling.
- Verifying staff credentials, such as educational and certification requirements.
- Developing or implementing marketing strategies.
- Directing Spa maintenance or repair.
- Participating in continuing education classes to maintain current knowledge of industry.
- Scheduling guest appointments.
- Selling products, services, or memberships.
- Ensuring that the Spa is in compliance with all labor and sanitation laws.
- Filling any specialized and non-specialized roles when employees are absent.
- Ensuring the tidiness and cleanliness of the spa facilities and good working operation of all Spa equipment.
- Necessitating the tranquility and esthetic beauty of the spa facilities in order to promote an appealing and relaxing environment.
- Maintaining the client database, scheduling appointments.
- Managing Independent Contractors and Virtual Assistants.
- Scheduling monthly educational classes for the team to attend with our skincare representatives.
- Creating and holding quarterly meetings with the spa staff.
- Informing the team as needed on spa updates as needed throughout the week.
Spa Manager Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be a Licensed Esthetician.
- Must have proven spa leadership ability.
- Personable, enthusiastic, and ambitious with the ability to direct, hire, train staff, terminate staff, conduct 30-day, 90-day, and annual reviews.
- Excellent time management, communication, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Punctuality, professionalism and be a self-starter.
- Social and organized individual with a strong work ethic.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding company sales.
Education and Qualifications:
- A college degree in business, administration, and management or related field is a plus, but not necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years of Cosmetology or other spa-related experience.
- Management experience.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- $40K plus a generous bonus plan up to $16000 per year dependent on sales goals.
- Full time
- Mon-Friday 9:30-6:30pm
- Must be available for fill ins on the weekend if a staff member calls in sick. Also, must be able to handle things remotely on the weekends (client complaints, etc.