North Charleston, SC - May 10, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
The Opportunity Center is a new building located in North Charleston, SC. The Opportunity Center, a partnership of four nonprofits, is a unique collaboration focused on impacting low-wealth communities of the Tri-County. This innovative space provides workforce development, small business incubators and coworking spaces benefiting entrepreneurs and start-ups, while maintaining offices for local nonprofits actively working in the community and economic development sector.
This Coordinator is the first face/first voice of The Opportunity Center and ensures the building and its community of nonprofits are running efficiently and effectively with a strong focus on customer service. This includes robust coordination and communication with staff, tenants, clients, and vendors on a daily basis. This position provides detailed administrative management and coordination of the office building, including procedure development and implementation; reception services including answering phone calls and emails; greeting visitors; coordinating room rental agreements and meeting logistics/calendaring, filing; and special projects as assigned.
The Coordinator ensures smooth operations of the building for tenants and visitors alike to include communication on happenings, preparation of training and meeting rooms, AV set up, parking management and event planning to spur collaboration within the building. This individual serves as a liaison to the Opportunity Center Board of Directors; organizes and coordinates outreach and external relations efforts for the Board.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome each visitor in a friendly manner, assist visitors with current check-in procedures, while being respectful of each visitor’s privacy and cultural norms; advise organization of visitor via telephone and inform visitors of waiting area. Have Visitors sign log.
- Manage and oversee phone, printer, monitors and all AV for meetings and building operations i.e. meeting set up and regular rotating signage to highlight building partners and events of the building.
- Maintain and communicate building event calendar.
- Coordinate quarterly building wide events to encourage collaboration among tenants.
- Direct continued tenant education.
- Ensure the office building, including conference rooms, are maintained, and presented in a professional manner at all times.
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and work with services providers to find quick solutions. Work with vendor to create long term AV solutions for training room.
- Set up IT and AV systems for meetings and create materials so that meeting rooms can be as self-directed as possible.
- Manage email inboxes, with timely, professional, and client focused written communication to both internal and external parties.
- Connect prospective tenants to Rental Broker for rental communication, management, applications, guidelines, and legal agreements.
- Coordinate new tenant tours and building onboarding.
- Manage plans and logistics for meetings, events, or conferences, such as securing conference rooms, ordering & setting up food and refreshments, providing necessary documents and communication materials, arranging audio visual support when necessary.
- Oversee rental and return of IT equipment (including phones, headsets, projectors, PA systems, and conference pods)
- Identify inefficiencies and initiate systems to help the Opportunity Center become more efficient at repetitive tasks.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ordering/stocking supplies and coordinating with Building Maintenance Manager for cleaning staff, pest control and other vendors needed to maintain the office.
- Oversee facility postings and other materials for appropriateness and relevance and research additional community resources to have on hand for visitors as referrals.
- Ensure cleanliness of all common areas of the building, as well as ensure that contracted vendors are providing adequate service.
- Assess conference rooms and meeting spaces after meeting concludes (leftover catering, lost and found, trash, tear down of AV, etc.) If tenant meeting – work with them to ensure room is to satisfaction. If outside organization – work with them to ensure room is to satisfaction or add fees to rental invoice.
- Report maintenance/janitorial needs to Building Maintenance Manager
- Maintain supply of up-to-date local area resources and referral guides for distribution of those seeking assistance, including but not limited to, emergency financial assistance (rent, utility, mortgage, etc.), food pantries and/or soup kitchens and homeless shelters, day resource centers.
- Support the executive leadership of the Opportunity Center by being an on-site representative.
- Prepare Board’s correspondence.
- Assist in providing support to the Board of Directors.
- Assist Board of Directors meetings in preparing and distributing agenda packets, preparing, and maintaining board minutes, reports, records, and compilation of data for preparation of reports.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A passion for the vision and mission of The Opportunity Center.
- Minimum 3-5years customer service experience, and/or executive support.
- The ability to provide outstanding customer service while multi-tasking.
- Able to set priorities and coordinating changes when needed with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of precision whether it be a written document, appointment scheduling, physical space management, inbox management, or logistics.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook.
- Ability to set up and problem solve AV.
- The willingness to learn, navigate, and operate new IT and AV systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of customer service and/or executive support experience in human services field.
- Event planning experience.
- 35 hours per week with 95% in office environments, 3% offsite for work-related appointments and 2% ability to work remotely.
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with a 1-hour lunch.