Assistant Project Manager
Mt. Pleasant, SC - August 23, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Harbor Services, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and SBA 8(a) certified, minority-owned business specializing in government projects. Harbor Services, Inc. employs skilled candidates with experience in the specialties required to complete a variety of projects on-time and within budget.
The Assistant Project Manager will work under the direct supervision of a Project Manager. He or She will be responsible for the timely completion of all assigned tasks. This may include working with the Site Superintendent to ensure work is proceeding on schedule and within budget, as well as ensuring the project is conducted within strict adherence to plans, specifications, and other contract requirements including Safety. It is expected that the Assistant Project Manager will make sound, well-informed and objective decisions relating to assigned project with a strong understanding of the impact and implications of decisions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of project activities from the pre-construction stage through, construction, and ultimately to space turnover and contract closeout.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of all activities in accordance with contract requirements, regulations, and/or Harbor Services, Inc. SOPs. This includes producing and reviewing take offs, estimates, and budgets; organizing work crews; and scheduling coordination meetings.
- Participate with senior management in the development of project bidding strategies.
- Review bid documents and prepare solicitation packages for prospective subcontractors.
- Attend site visits, pre-construction meetings, close out meetings, and other intermediate meetings as required.
- Work with Site Superintendent to develop project specific schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use according to government and contractual guidelines.
- Work with Site Superintendent to develop project specific plan to monitor and track progress, and manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Review documentation provided by Site Superintendent to ensure project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Monitor costs as reported by internal staff and subcontractors.
- Interact with client, architect, end user, and other relevant personnel to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction.
- Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving so as to reduce the cost incurred.
- Foster good communications between project management, field engineering, estimating, and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Other tasks as assigned by President.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction or a related field, preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Computer/Software proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe or other PDF software.
- Ability to work with client, end user, subcontractor, and management representatives simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to execute high-level decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Leadership skills, keeping employees motivated, and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to shift gears mid-stream to address emerging issues.
- Ability to enforce production, quality, and/or safety requirements while maintaining a healthy work environment.
- Experience working with government clients, USACE, GSA, NAVFAC, etc., is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience with estimating software.
- Experience writing project planning documents (EPP, APP, QCP, AHA, RFI/RFV etc.). is a plus, but not mandatory
Certifications/Training Requirements: Must have OSHA-30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program Certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of employment.
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision. Simple IRA company matchReturn to List Printable Version