The purpose of the Plumber is to provide comfort, environmental efficiency, and overall well-being to our residential and commercial clients by employing universally accepted plumbing practices that proactively and reactively address plumbing needs. The Plumber provides clients with a positive experience through excellent customer service, the employment of critical thinking and excellent communication skills. As the technical authority and lead on the job site, the Plumber provides ongoing training, guidance, role modeling and leadership to apprentices with regard to both technical expertise and professionalism.
This person will:
• Prepare work cost estimates for clients and sometimes collect onsite billing
• Diagnose plumbing issues and identify most effective ways to resolve them
• Review blueprints, building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
• Install, repair, or replace plumbing infrastructure according to accepted standard practices for the plumbing profession.
• Ensure the safety of all customers and other internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with contractors, property managers, homeowners, and building engineers in installing and repairing plumbing as needed
• Provide excellent customer service consistently
• Work effectively with coworkers and management to accomplish goals.
• Participate in any investigations, including the need to write statements and /or participate in interviews orally
• Attend and participate in mandatory employee meetings
• Prevent damage of all Company property, including computers.
• Ensure the trucks are maintained and appropriately stocked.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Customer Service Orientation:
• Cooperation & Teamwork
• Attention to Detail and Thoroughness.
• Planning / Organization
• Attendance / Punctuality / Dependability
• Oral Communication
• Language skills
• Mathematical Skills
• Critical Thinking
• Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to move objects
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in service plumbing
• Ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol screening tests.
• Authorization to work in the US as per the E-Verify database.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
GENERAL WORKING HOURS:
Daytime regular business hours are 8 – 5. Rotating nights and weekend on-call status for emergency service is required. Occasional overtime may be required (typically into the evening) when jobs run over. Plumbers are expected to stay on the job site until the work is done and/or the job is to a safe stopping point and service is restored to the customer.
• The ability to drive the Company trucks daily to worksites is required.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.