Simpsonville, SC - August 23, 2022
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
We are assisting Reedy Fork Baptist Church with hiring an experienced Nursery Ministry Coordinator.
Summary: The Nursery Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the nursery and all the care for the youngest children of the church. The Nursery Coordinator is responsible to the Pastor and in the absence of the Pastor, is responsible to the Children’s Minister.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Pastor and the church to fulfill its calling to minister to nursery age children.
- Recruit and train volunteers for efficient implementation of the nursery ministry.
- Provide counseling to children and to help them realize their individual goals.
- Administer and plan numerous nursery activities centered around outreach.
- Coordinate with parents of Nursery Ministry members regarding their children’s involvement and participation in the church and church related activities.
- Assist in selecting, organizing, and compiling of the nursery ministry curriculum.
- Participate and contribute to staff and church meetings.
- Sensitive to the needs of our church, our children, and parents.
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with various leaders in the community for the purpose of swift outreach.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Prepare, monitor, and control the annual nursery budget as approved by the budget planning team and church.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Senior Pastor.
- Demonstrate faithfulness to the Vision and Mission of RFBC.
- Provide age-appropriate supplies and equipment for the nursery rooms.
- Ensure that facilities are maintained in a clean and safe environment.
- Develop procedures for safe and efficient use of the nursery.
- Organize nursery schedule and communicate the schedule to those it affects.
- Manage weekly staff changes and substitutions.
- Communicate procedures, expectations and developments of the nursery to parents.
- Communicate policy to parents.
- Communicate to the church that the nursery is a ministry to parents, not just to children.
- Encourages parents to develop a biblical philosophy of parenting early.
- Maintain a list of resources for helping parents raise their young children.
- Demonstrate Christ’s love to children and their families.
- Christian in belief.
- Model a Christlike lifestyle.
- Possess post-secondary degree or equivalent in education or religious education.
- Experience in working with children from birth to 4 years of age.
- Experience in working with Pastoral and church leadership.
- Possess excellent leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Exhibit proven ability to teach and shape children in the basics of Christian faith.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with personal computers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Audio and Visual technology.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and their usage.
- Capable, Competent and Committed Person.
- Conscientious, self-starter and independent.
- Punctual, accountable, trustworthy, and meticulous to details.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision and in a timely manner.
- Team leader/player and trainer.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to maintain church information and records confidentially.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in an objective and unbiased manner.
Hours: The Nursery Coordinator position is a part-time position of 10 -12 hours per week. Schedule is inclusive of Wednesday Evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 PM, Sunday Mornings 8:30-11:00 AM, and other scheduled activities. Salary: $100.00 weekly or $5,200 annuallyReturn to List Printable Version