Nonprofit Executive Director
Simpsonville, SC - August 23, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
The Center for Community Services’ mission is to change lives in the Golden Strip area by equipping people with the tools needed to reach self-sufficiency. We are looking for a forward-thinking executive director to help us fulfill this mission.
Reporting to the board of directors, the executive director will oversee the strategic and operational effectiveness of our programs and staff. The director not only understands poverty alleviation but has proven experience developing programs that get results. Prior experience managing and hiring staff is crucial and being able to establish relationships with local community groups is a plus. Above all, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and decision-making ability.
Objectives of this Role
- Work closely with board of directors and committees, informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect the organization
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization
- Identify and implement staffing requirements, maintaining a strong culture and work climate that attracts and retains staff, and drives the organization’s mission
- Represent the organization and increase awareness by being the spokesperson and liaison with local community.
- Develop an actionable plan for fundraising
- Comply with all federal, state, and local data collection.
- Set and meet aggressive annual fundraising goals, in partnership with board of directors, to secure financial support from foundations, corporations, individuals, and government funding sources
- Work with staff and board to create an annual benefit and additional fundraising events, and oversee all external communication materials including, website, marketing materials, newsletters and social media content
- Serve as the face of the organization and actively participate in external events, both increasing visibility, credibility, and brand in the market, and developing strategic partnerships in order to increase community awareness and expand the program
- Build and lead an effective team dedicated to fulfilling the organization’s mission through highly successful program implementation, community engagement, and fundraising targets
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of senior management experience, preferably with a nonprofit
- Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising experience
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles related to nonprofits
- Proven success working with a board of directors
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with innovative approach to business planning
- Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization
- 8 – Hour shifts
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – Noon
- Pay commiserate with experience
PTO, IRA, and Matching Contribution