Greer, SC - September 22, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Greer Relief has been serving the Upstate community over 85 years by keeping food on the table and families in their homes. Neighbors in need have difficulty getting or retaining a job, furthering their education, or nurturing their children. We are dedicated to providing essential services & enrichment programming to our neighbors. We seek to reflect the diversity of the community and are committed to partnerships that support healthy lifestyles and families. Our long-term goal is to help our neighbors identify and overcome barriers, leading to long-lasting success.
The Development Manager will support the Executive Director to help manage the daily operations of fundraising. The Development Manager creates public awareness for the organization through events and activities, facilitates donor fundraising, and raises revenue to pursue the strategic goals and mission of Greer Relief. The Development Manager must be able to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems and perform under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, diplomacy, and confidentiality. The position also will require the Development Manager to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and maintain excellent computer skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Determine administrative priorities.
- Build and maintain professional relationships and effectively communicate with donors, prospects, leadership, administrators, and professional colleagues over the telephone, virtually, in person, and in writing.
- Handle and screen incoming telephone calls, mail, emails, and voice mails in an efficient and organized manner.
- Exercise independent judgment in the prioritization and resolution of administrative problems.
- Compose and edit letters, documents, and other written materials.
- Utilize computer networks, software, and applications for management and production of heavy incoming and outgoing paper flow, prepare presentations, and ensure an efficient office operation.
- Process gifts utilizing CRM. Work with Bookkeeper, to create new accounts or use current accounts.
- Resolve any issues that arise pertaining to gift processing.
- Notify Mission Impact Manager & Advocates of gifts received pertaining to their program.
- Draft thank you letters for Executive Director and Board Members so they can promptly acknowledge donors.
- Triage inquiries relating to stock gifts and estate distributions and serve as liaison with estate planning lawyers.
- Utilize CRM to maintain the prospect/donor database, update constituent information, and track gift activity. Learn database procedures including research requests, and gift and financial records. Produce various database reports.
- Run weekly gifts and pledges reports to ensure gifts are deposited into correct accounts and maintain campaign pledge/gift reports, and track and prepare pledge reminder letters to donors.
- Produce a variety of database reports by donor/non-donor, and others as needed.
- Help develop and plan the fundraising budget with the committee prior to organization budgeting for next FY
- Track revenue, expenses and budgeted forecast for events (including time spent on each event)
- Plan and implement, with the help of team members and the event committee, fundraising campaigns and events (mailings, social media posts, e-mails, phone calls, virtual / in-person events, etc.
- Work closely with Communications Assistant to promote events and engage donors
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on experience non-profit, sales, or hospitality experience preferred; marketing, media, and/or public relations experience a plus.
- Passion for the mission of Greer Relief * Reliable, honest, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a wide variety of people and in a wide variety of settings.
- Keen ability to see the steps needed to reach a goal, and to see how various processes impact each other.
- High degree of professionalism and clear communicator.
- Excellent writing and communication skills for varied audiences.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Organized, efficient, and self-motivated with strong attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to execute complex processes accurately.
- Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Comfortable with using office equipment, i.e. scanner, copier, printer, etc.
- Proficient with various software: GSuite, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with a variety of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Experience with a CRM a must, use of CharityProud a plus.
- A Plus if you have experience using Canva, & WordPress.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, sales, public relations, or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Microsoft Office Suite: 2 years (Required)
- CRM software: 2 years (Required)
- Social media management: 2 years (Required)
- Non-profit, sales, or hospitality: 3 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationReturn to List Printable Version