Greer, SC - September 9, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Greer Relief has been serving the Upstate community over 85 years by keeping food on the table and families in their homes. Neighbors in need have difficulty getting or retaining a job, furthering their education, or nurturing their children. We are dedicated to providing essential services & enrichment programming to our neighbors. We seek to reflect the diversity of the community and are committed to partnerships that support healthy lifestyles and families. Our long-term goal is to help our neighbors identify and overcome barriers, leading to long-lasting success.
The Neighbor Advocate will provide effective, efficient, and equitable case management to our neighbors seeking resources or financial assistance. The Neighbor Advocate will use critical thinking skills and empathy to make neighbors feel empowered and at ease. The person who is successful in this position is highly ethical, personally, and professionally, particularly in working with confidential or sensitive information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the lobby is clean and welcoming
- Understand funding sources and specific requirements to provide assistance.
- Answer phones and direct calls appropriately, including providing resource referrals to other agencies/ services
- Greet neighbors and provide general information on programs
- Interview neighbors for assistance and gather necessary documents for financial assistance
- Verify applicant information and enter assistance into Charity Tracker in real time
- Determine assistance amounts for financial assistance
- Communicate with utility companies and landlords/property managers concerning Greer Relief pledges
- Refer neighbors to other community resources
- Prepare food and supplies for neighbors
- Work with the Mission Impact Manager on funding audits and determining amounts for monthly funding distribution
- Gather and organize assistance documentation to comply with funding source guidelines
- Maintain reporting/data collection for Greer Relief (assistance stats, outcomes, demographics, funding status, etc.)
- Work with the Team to better the programs of Greer Relief
- Submit Essential Service reports to Mission Impact Manager
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Assist with the process of receiving donations.
- Adheres to the “Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals”
- Complete other tasks as needed and/or assigned
- Two (2) years of comparable work experience in social services or a closely related field.
- Working knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Section 8, (NYCHA and HPD) DHCR, Rent Stabilization Law, Rent Guidelines Board and Fair Housing a plus.
- Passion for the mission of Greer Relief
- Understand the impact of your work on others.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Comfortable with using office equipment, i.e. scanner, copier, printer, etc.
- Proficient with various software: Gmail, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Education Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis or concentration in social work or related field
Schedule Part-Time position with 30-35 hours per week
Compensation $16-$18/hr. DOE
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- Adobe Acrobat: 2 years (Required)
- Social work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationReturn to List Printable Version