Facility and IT Support Manager
Greer, SC - September 22, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Greer Relief has been serving the Upstate community over 85 years by keeping food on the table and families in their homes. Neighbors in need have difficulty getting or retaining a job, furthering their education, or nurturing their children. We are dedicated to providing essential services & enrichment programming to our neighbors. We seek to reflect the diversity of the community and are committed to partnerships that support healthy lifestyles and families. Our long-term goal is to help our neighbors identify and overcome barriers, leading to long-lasting success.
The Facility & IT Support Manager manages the J. Verne Smith Center. The Facility & IT Support Manager will provide maintenance and IT support for the Center to include the building, grounds, and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance on equipment, grounds, and buildings to include minor electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
- Program security doors weekly with new badges & events.
- Perform limited extermination services as required.
- Maintain inventory and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Order supplies and materials through the appropriate channels as needed.
- Ensure that the facility is clean. Supervise cleaning company by inspecting cleanings throughout the building to ensure that cleanliness, supply restocking, and housekeeping standards are met.
- Assist with all information technology (IT) and audio-visual (AV) systems as needed.
- Inspect building, grounds, and equipment periodically for potential issues and maintenance needs.
- Create and implement preventive maintenance schedules. Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals. Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, refurbishing, annual inspections, inventory and purchase orders.
- Maintain grounds.
- Develop volunteer project ideas for larger projects and supervise as appropriate.
- Respond to after-hours emergency events, assessing the status, determining an appropriate action plan in coordination with staff, and implementing a plan. Report interim status as needed.
- Coordinate with the building owner, the City of Greer, and all outside contractors. Inspect water and gas meter cutoffs periodically for potential issues and maintenance needs.
- Work directly with the Executive Director and the Facility Committee to set and carry out short-and long-term goals.
- Generate annual budget for the Annual Budget and monitor the budget throughout the year.
- Maintain a list of subcontractors with appropriate insurance coverage and City of Greer license.
- Assist with the Safety Team.
- Train team & building staff on systems (security, HVAC, etc.).
- Maintain relationships with current JVSC partner agencies for repairs, maintenance, and building usage.
- Oversee the JVSC meeting spaces to make sure they are ready for use.
- Receiving donations as well as handing out receipts and thanking donors, as needed.
- Submit facility reports to the Executive Director. Participate in bi-monthly staff meetings.
- Engage and inform the Greer Relief Team of facility activities & events.
- Participate in several monthly and quarterly board meetings.
- Adhere to the “Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals”.
- Complete other tasks as needed and/or assigned .
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on experience in a maintenance capacity, preferably in an environment with responsibilities requiring a variety of skills such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and HVAC repairs. Formal training in the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC repairs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with hiring subcontractors through a bid process.
- Passion for the mission of Greer Relief
- Ability to work in areas other than strictly repairs maintenance, i.e. janitorial, custodial, gardening, painting, etc. as required.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Personable and trustworthy.
- Adherence to work safety program.
- Physically able to perform all duties required, including, but not limited to lifting, climbing, standing, bending, loading and unloading, and working outdoors in inclement weather. May have to do light lifting of less than twenty (20) pounds for supplies and materials occasionally to frequently. May have to do moderate to heavy lifting of twenty-to-fifty (20-50) pounds occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize work requirements and to plan, manage, and implement multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with various software: GSuite, Microsoft Office Suite, HVAC controls and programming; Access control systems; surveillance and alarm systems.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education a plus
Schedule: Part-Time position with 25-32 hours per week, flexible hours needed depending on maintenance events.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have experience with hiring subcontractors through the bid process?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One locationReturn to List Printable Version