Greenville, SC - September 9, 2022
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
Unipet is the trusted manufacturer and distributor of quality backyard poultry and wild bird treats. At our facility we strive to obtain the highest level of safety and quality that wild bird and poultry enthusiasts desire.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager!
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of finished good production. Their duties span from raw material acceptance to the shipping of finished goods. The focus of the Production Manager is safely meeting production goals at quality specifications. The Production Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
- Manages, directly and through production line supervisors, the activities of workers engaged in all aspects of production, including mixing, manufacturing, packaging, and shipping of finished goods.
- Responsible for creating and carrying out production planning.
- Participates in management staff meetings to report production activities and coordinate production needs.
- Ensures adequate materials and personnel are available for production.
- Makes decisions on personnel actions including recruiting, hiring, performance review, and termination.
- Assures finished good quality standards are met.
- Works with Maintenance personnel to ensure optimal performance of equipment and facility upkeep.
- Ensures adherence with OSHA standards.
- Ensures compliance with food safety regulatory bodies.
- Oversees a current HARPC plan.
- Ensures current Good Manufacturing Practices are followed and necessary documentation is maintained.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for process improvement and production capacity expansion.
- Establishes and maintains a productive working environment.
- Oversees documentation of processes and procedures.
- Assists General Manager in other special tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in management.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing in a production environment.
- Production experience in animal or human food is preferred.
- Familiarity with food safety standards.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations.
- Production oriented and quality centered.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to train and promote subordinates.
- Position requires ability to lift 50lbs, climb, stand for extended periods.
- Proven track record of KPI improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Manufacturing/Production: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One locationReturn to List Printable Version