Simpsonville, SC - September 22, 2022
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
Rocky Creek Missionary Baptist Church is looking for an experienced Church Secretary. This is a part time position.
The Secretary will be responsible for:
- Data entry of membership, tithing, offerings, and other contributions; maintaining registers for the membership to include those that have left, deaths, and contributions
- Type letters and other correspondence as needed (membership letters, invitations, etc.)
- Assisting the Pastor with preparation of the Sunday morning program and helping with the printing, when necessary, of all other programs used at the Church
- Preparing the monthly calendar of the church activities
- Distributing mail, maintaining minutes, agendas, and financial records for each organization in the Church
- Answering the phone during office hours and returning missed calls
- Must be comfortable with composing messages and using various forms of media to communicate with church members, such as mass communication system
- Renting and scheduling the sanctuary and Life Center for rental by membership and non-members.
- And other duties, as assigned by the pastor.
- The successful candidate must desire a part-time position
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of clerical experience
- Have strong knowledge of specific software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, with Power Church Plus preferred
- Should be able to work independently, have a friendly and professional demeanor with exceptional written and verbal skills.
- 20-hours per week (with occasional overtime as needed)
- Monday - Thursday, 12:30pm to 5:30 pm
Salary: $250.00 per week, paid every two weeks on Thursday.
COVID-19 considerations: Under certain circumstances, a mask may be required.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Clerical: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)