Machine Operator (Day/Night Shift)
Greenville, SC - November 14, 2022
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
Now hiring Experienced Machine Operators!
At TIGGES, we reliably support our customers with state-of-the-art precision parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate CNC Lathes with Fanuc controls according to engineering specifications, instructions, and operation sheets.
- Select appropriate cutting tools, fixtures and tool holders for a given job.
- Run similar jobs of short cycle times for extended periods of time where manufacturing processes are stable and do not require frequent change.
- Read and interpret engineering instructions, travelers, and blueprints and be familiar with geometric tolerances and principles.
- Operate more than one machine at a time, one to two machines depending on the nature of the job its complexity
- Must perform routine maintenance on assigned production equipment, i.e maintain cleanliness of work area and machinery, check machinery fluids and alert maintenance personnel and/or supervisor of malfunctions.
- Operate in-process inspection techniques, standards, and requirements.
- Able to use and interpret precision measuring devices such as Micrometers, Vernier’s, and various hand tools, i.e., gauges to verify the accuracy of dimensional characteristics of components.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Min 5 years of experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability Standing for long period and lift 75lbs
- Knowledge of metal characteristics in a production setting is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of programming code, ability to program code a plus
- Machinists must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Good math skills and good interpersonal skills
- Must work well with colleagues, supervision and management.
- Basic windows computer skills, Excel knowledge a plus.
DAY SHIFT: MON-THURS 5:00 am-3:00 pm
NIGHT SHIFT: MON-THURS 3:00 pm-1:00 am
Pay: Up to $23 per hour
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 5 years (Required)
- CNC lathe: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One locationReturn to List Printable Version