Spartanburg, SC - November 17, 2020
Contact InformationName: Elizabeth Derby
Supervises field operations for an Earthwork/Roadway/Grading project The Grading Foreman will directly supervise and coordinate activities of grading crew and may also engage in the trade work of the employees being supervised.
- Directly supervises grading crew.
- Reports on work to Superintendent.
- Experienced on all types of heavy equipment for dirt and site projects.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of dirt work, including excavation, grade work, surveying and final excavating work.
- Reads, understands, and interprets drawings and specifications.
- Monitors crews for organizational structure, sizing, crew mix ratios, and wage compliance in conjunction with Superintendent.
- Reports on time and materials.
- Monitors the implementation of safety orientations, safety indoctrinations, provides coaching for improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Foreman
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to organize a work schedule
- Ability to solve disputes between workers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry and processes
- Ability to read construction drawings and blueprints
- Perform quality checks on construction equipment
- Attention to Detail
- Will provide company vehicle
Full-Time /40+ hours a week
Day starts typically at 6am.
Shift ends typically at 5pm
Saturday/Sunday work as required
HealthReturn to List Printable Version