Spartanburg, SC - November 17, 2020
Contact InformationName: Elizabeth Derby
Supervises the work of concrete laborers responsible for preparing, placing, finishing, and curing concrete.
- Prepare work schedules for concrete laborers
- Estimate the amount of labor and materials required for concrete construction projects
- Consult blueprints and drawings to ensure accuracy
- Overseeing all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing, and curing.
- Dividing concrete construction projects into different stages and evaluating how much labor and materials are required for each stage.
- Resolving all problems that may affect project quality and completion.
- Consulting blueprints, drawings, and plans to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed.
- Delegating tasks to concrete laborers and providing overall guidance.
- Maintaining accurate records of the number of hours worked and the amount of materials used for each project.
- Ensuring that formwork and shoring are erected, supported, and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings.
- Inspecting concrete after the formwork and shoring have been removed and instructing concrete laborers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness.
Qualifications for Foreman
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to organize a work schedule
- Ability to solve disputes between workers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry and processes
- Ability to read construction drawings and blueprints
- Perform quality checks on construction equipment
- Attention to Detail
- Will provide company vehicle
Full-Time /40+ hours a week
Day starts typically at 6am.
Shift ends typically at 5pm
Saturday/Sunday work as required
HealthReturn to List Printable Version