Program & Events Coordinator
Simpsonville, SC - April 1, 2021
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
The Programming & Events Coordinator (PEC) is responsible for developing, planning, and implementing the Organization’s programming and special events consistent with the values and mission of the Organization. Programming includes the Organization’s regularly scheduled events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Through the employee’s own efforts, the employee accomplishes the following essential functions:
- Facilitate and produce programming and special events to support the Organization’s mission and financial goals.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures/checklists for each event to optimize efficient implementation for future events and update them as needed.
- Research and anticipate industry trends with regard to strategies for event management, corporate sponsorship solicitation, and marketing/communications.
- Ensure that each project (event) operates within approved budget guidelines.
- Work in tandem with Development Manager to solicit, secure, and grow sponsorship relationships with businesses for each event.
- Recruit and manage vendors and event-related expenses.
- Maintain and grow lists of various vendors, sponsors, venues, and partners for future events.
- Facilitate event set up including registration and sign-in areas, greeting attendees, and clean-up activities.
- Solicit formal and informal feedback from members before and after events in an effort to advance quality improvement efforts.
- Develop and implement project management tools that enable efficient tracking of project timelines and relevant correspondence.
- Develop and implement systemic event-related communication and marketing strategies consistent with the Organization’s mission.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that ensures consistent, current, and mission-driven event content across the Organization’s social media platforms.
- Correspond with the Organization’s media contacts and other strategic partners to promote events to appropriate audiences.
- Contribute to print and email communications to Organization members.
- Draft and disseminate Organization press releases in coordination with the President.
- Manage event photography and maintain a database with pictures of events, uploading them to social media and the website as appropriate.
- Research the latest marketing trends for possible implementation.
- Maintain the calendar and event portions of the Organizations’ website and database on a continual basis and coordinate with IT partners as needed for updates.
- Engage in post-event correspondence with sponsors and attendees, coordinating with Ambassadors and other committees as needed.
- Other Duties:
- Maintain knowledge of Organization mission, programs and membership benefits as an ambassador and representative of the Organization.
- Assist staff with general office reception duties by answering phone calls and greeting office staff and guests.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports.
To perform the job successfully, an individual demonstrates the following competencies.
- Planning / Organization
- Sales and Marketing
- Customer Service Orientation
- Service and Team Management
- Oral & Written Communication
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of clerical or administrative experience.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree
- 2+ years of event management experience.
This is a Part-Time to Full-Time Position. $16-19/hour depending on experience (plus annual raise/bonus potential).
If interested, please send your resume to Nija Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!