Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Spartanburg, SC - January 3, 2022
Contact InformationName: Nija Orr
*** Direct-Hire position with benefits - NOT a temp position!
We are assisting a commercial General Contractor with hiring a Head Mechanic with experience in working on heavy equipment. This candidate should specialize in machines that do grading and excavating, underground utility installations, and concrete.
We are looking to hire an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment. As a team mechanic, you will be responsible for driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
To ensure success as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot issues on the job site.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Driving to the job site.
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.(Preferred)
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
Pay is based on experience and ability. Health insurance provided after probationary period.
Return to List Printable Version