Greenville, SC - May 20, 2021
Contact InformationName: Nija Carelock
Loaves & Fishes is seeking a detail-oriented and outgoing full-time Fleet Manager. We are a local food rescue nonprofit organization that picks up food from grocers, caterers and restaurants that would otherwise be wasted and delivers it to organizations that feed the hungry. We are a small grassroots organization with a team dedicated to helping our neighbors in need. Loaves & Fishes is committed to achieving food security and promoting food equity for every person in Greenville County. In our mission to end hunger, everyone is welcome. At Loaves & Fishes, we embrace our differences, and we know we are all stronger together. As people and as an organization, we demonstrate the deepest part of our humanity by honoring one another’s stories and striving for empathic action in every moment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Driver
o Complete poundage reports daily.
o Safely driving our refrigerated box truck per daily designated routes.
o Clean assigned truck(s) according to schedule
o Complete the daily driver checklist.
o Comply with Serv Safe training.
o Pick up bulk food donations, as needed.
o Developing and maintaining positive working relationship with food donors and agencies.
o Follow DOT regulations and safety standards.
o Performing other duties as assigned by the ED
- Fleet Coordinating
o Overseeing maintenance and cleaning schedule for four box trucks and one refrigerated van.
o Completing daily inspections of the fleet.
o Managing large, canned food and holiday donations in partnership with the OM.
- Driver Management
o Creating drivers’ weekly schedules.
o Conducting new driver on-road training and DOT certification.
o Conducting annual Serv Safe training for staff and drivers.
o Along with OM, conducts annual reviews with each driver by the end of November. Ensures ED receives reviews completed signed reviews for employee files.
o Receives, schedules and, in coordination with OM, manages all requests for PTO time for the drivers based on policies in the employee manual. Maintains accurate attendance records.
o The Operations Manager receives drivers completed timesheets, verifies driver hours, submits verified hours to ED for payroll processing. OM ensures timesheet report is updated timely.
o Ensures drivers maintain employment classification based on policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual. OM monitors drivers’ time to minimize OT.
o Conducts any necessary disciplinary actions for the drivers based on the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual. FM ensures appropriate paperwork is submitted to ED should written actions be taken by FM for employee files.
o Responsible for the management of the gas cards including ordering the cards, card loss, ensuring payment for the cards is secured and picks up the cards.
o Along with Operations Manager conducts initial driver interviews, conducts initial hiring inquiries of new drivers and works with the Executive Director on hiring decision. OM completes new hire paperwork and submits paperwork to QBS.
o Conducts all on boarding activities for new drivers, including assisting the Lead Driver with training.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively and politely communicate with potential food donors
- Experience in maintaining maintenance scheduling a plus but not required
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen and background check
- Ability to safely drive box truck
- Experience operating a large box truck in city traffic and demonstrate safety and expertise in maneuvering the vehicle in and out of tight spaces, preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, agency partners, partners’ clients and the general public
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence & to work with online routing systems
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and exhibit compassion for those living in poverty
Friday - 7:30am-2:00pm
$35,500 Return to List Printable Version