Marketing & Event Coordinator
Greenville, SC - May 20, 2021
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Marketing and Event Coordinator
Loaves & Fishes is seeking a creative and innovative Marketing and Event Coordinator who is also extremely detail-oriented. We are a local food rescue nonprofit organization that picks up food from grocers, caterers and restaurants that would otherwise be wasted and delivers it free of charge to 105 partner agencies that feed people experiencing food insecurity. We are a small grassroots organization with a team dedicated to helping our neighbors in need. Loaves & Fishes is committed to achieving food security and promoting food equity for every person in Greenville County. In our mission to end hunger, everyone is welcome. At Loaves & Fishes, we embrace our differences, and we know we are all stronger together. As people and as an organization, we demonstrate the deepest part of
our humanity by honoring one another’s stories and striving for empathic action in every moment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation and execution of social media directed campaigns as well as daily postings and website maintenance.
- Creation of proposals for marketing and/or fundraising as needed.
- Designing and executing donor-centered communications and acknowledgement that maximize response rates and giving from individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
- Nurture and improve relationships with existing donors motivating them to maintain and increase their level of engagement and contribution.
- Develop incentives, privileges, and recognition for donors to maintain and improve relations.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with local media outlets.
- Develop and maintain marketing and communications plan through press releases and speaking engagements, attendance at networking events.
- Direct logistics and sponsor solicitation for major events
- Manage, direct and assist volunteer committee leaders with planning and execution of fundraising events. Recruitment of committee leadership for fundraisers.
- Assist the ED with annual fundraising mailers.
- Foster an inclusive culture of philanthropy throughout the organization to ensure donors and volunteers remain connected to mission.
- Assist Executive Director (ED) with annual fundraising strategy, budget generation and financial planning.
- Assist ED in leading programmatic strategic plans.
- Assist other staff members on development and implementation of specific initiatives.
- Assist, along with all staff, in sourcing new food donors.
- Assist in oversight of office assistant, interns and other office volunteers.
- Create monthly progress report to submit to ED for Board of Directors’ review.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the ED.
- Research and evaluate prospects for new sources of funding to support programs and operations
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- 4-year college degree, a plus
- Highly developed organizational and follow through skill sets and detail-oriented work habits.
- Nonprofit development and/or successful outside sales experience a plus.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Word Press; experience with Bloomerang or other CRM is preferred
- Experience planning and implementing projects and fundraising events
- Ability to lead and work effectively with a wide and diverse network of internal and external partners
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationship with staff, food donors, volunteers, Board of Directors and partner agencies.
- Graphic design and Abode Creative Suite experience a plus but not required.
Friday - 8:30am-3:00pm
Occasional evening and weekend work for networking or event. Usually, it is not more than one night per month and two weekends a year.
$40,000 Return to List Printable Version