Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for all designated projects, from start to finish.
• Administer project activities from the pre-construction stage through, construction, and ultimately to space turnover and contract closeout.
• Manage the planning and coordination of all activities in accordance with contract requirements, regulations, and/or SOPs. This includes producing and reviewing take offs, estimates, and budgets; organizing work crews; and scheduling coordination meetings
• Participate with senior management in the development of project bidding strategies.
• Review bid documents and prepare solicitation packages for prospective subcontractors.
• Attend site visits, pre-construction meetings, close out meetings, and other intermediate meetings as required.
• Work with Site Superintendent to develop project specific schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use according to government and contractual guidelines
• Work with Site Superintendent to develop project specific plan to monitor and track progress, and manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Coordinate initial interactions of assistant project managers, project engineers, superintendents, subcontractors and other support staff on the project
• Establish priorities for the project staff based on owner and project requirements.
• Establish good rapport with client representatives and keep them updated on project activities (especially during the pre-construction phase).
• Review documentation provided by Site Superintendent to ensure project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
• Monitor costs as reported by internal staff and subcontractors.
• Interact with client, architect, end user, and other relevant personnel to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction.
• Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving so as to reduce the cost incurred.
• Foster good communications between project management, field engineering, estimating, and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Report issues to President that may or will affect monetary values for the Company.