Mission Advancement Coordinator
Greenville, SC - September 21, 2021
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
The Mission Advancement Coordinator/Development Assistant is responsible for the coordination of donor gift processing, donor relations and supporting external communications to grow community awareness and support. This position is responsible for entering donor data, including all gift data, into the customer relations management software Raiser’s Edge and generating acknowledgment letters and gift reports. The Coordinator assists in protecting the integrity of the database through regular reconciliations and data review and clean up. The position is also responsible for executing the external communications plan which includes social media and newsletter content and well as coordinating donor communications and direct mail solicitations. As needed, this position will also provide general support for fundraising and community outreach as well as assist with special events, and donor retention, as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement.
Gift Processing & Database Management:
* Prepare donations for deposits and input into Raiser’s Edge
* Provide basic data entry and reporting using Raiser’s Edge software
* Gift processing - Enter data for all new gifts and grant revenue. * Coordinate with Accountant on data entry of all credit cards, direct bank drafts, and other gifts. Coordinate with program staff on data entry of all in-kind donations
* Provide gift reports to ED, Accountant and Director of Mission Advancement. Provide monthly new donor reports, yearly lapsed donor reports and other reports as requested.
* Ensure all data records are accurate and current. Check records to avoid duplication. Update information to reflect change of address, death, name changes, etc.
Donor Relations & Stewardship:
* Donor acknowledgment – Manage the overall donor acknowledgement process ensuring that all letters are correct, meaningful, properly laid out, and timely.
* Print and mail end-of-year giving letters
* Donor Requests – Promptly return phone calls, emails, and online inquiries with requested information for donors.
* Set up appointments with donors as requested
* Update thank you letters at least quarterly.
Communications and Marketing:
* Assist with mailings as requested or assigned
* Regularly develop and update website material to reflect most current news, events, success stories, program outcomes and needs. Edit materials for accuracy, ease of use, and continuity.
* Update Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to engage current supporters, partners, and constituency for up-to-date information and needs and to connect with potential donors.
* Print and E-Newsletter – Work with the Director of Mission Advancement to collect content, design and produce regular monthly emails to keep current supporters, partners and constituency up-to-date with needs and stories. Manage e-distribution.
* Utilize analytical tools to measure impact of email communications. Coordinate bulk mailing process with third party vendor, including mailing lists, de-duplication, printing, distribution and costs.
* Work with the Director of Mission Advancement to manage printing and inventory needs for regular promotional materials including brochures, stationary, thank you notes, business cards, newsletter heads and logos.
* Assist in the planning and execution of 2 major signature events and a variety of small events, including oversight of registration, supply orders and promotional efforts.
* Assist with the design of Save the Date messages, invitations and managing the RSVP process.
* Attend job related meetings
* Provide backup administrative support to other functional areas of the organization when needed
* Handle meeting set up as needed (notices, lunch orders, copies, etc.)
* Other Duties as Assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree with equivalent professional experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Social media management experience
* CRM experience preferred (Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred)
* Wordpress experience preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Integrity and discretion
* Demonstrated skill with time management, planning, organization, and follow-up.
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
The following is offered to all FT employees:
* 90% employer paid medical plus the option of dental/vision (employee covered)
* STD/LTD (employer paid)
* Voluntary life
* 15 days of annual PTO (with 20 days per year after 3 full years of employment and 25 days per year after 6 full years of employment)
* 11 holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Depends on Experience
IMMEDIATE NEED! If interested, please send your resume right away for considerationReturn to List Printable Version