Colorado Springs, CO - September 29, 2021
Contact InformationName: Nija Carelock
Come join our beauty team!!
As a hairstylist with our company, you play an important role. Your role at the salon is to provide each guest with an exceptional experience through your expertise in hair styling, ability to connect, and knowledge of products and services offered.
- Understand and agree with our vision, culture, and core values.
- Arrive on time or early for shift prepared.
- Take responsibility of your health and personal satisfaction.
- Know all products sold at the salon.
- Know all services offered at the salon.
- Know how to use all hot tools and blow dryers responsibly and how to sell them.
- Know how to provide exceptional customer service.
- Have confidence in shampooing, blow drying, and updo styling.
- Help offer additional services and products to the guest.
- Know bar drinks and serves responsibly (asks to see ID)
- When at the salon is comfortable answering phone and using the computer.
- Greet each guest with a smile and warm welcome.
- Offers them a drink
- Hangs up coat for guest
- Show guest to their chair and executes an exceptional consultation.
- Asks detailed questions
- Asks about what the guest struggles with
- Explains products used and offers conditioning treatment and scalp treatment to each guest
- Take guest to shampoo bowl for a relaxing shampoo service with a five minute head massage.
- Offer hot/cold towel with essential oils
- Make this part of the experience as relaxing as possible (not too much talking)
- Back at the styling chair, performs blowout with confidence and efficiency.
- Give the guest the look they desire and makes them feel fabulous
- Ask guest if they would like more to drink
- Explain what products are being used and why (product benefits)
- After service (blowout or updo) is performed and guest is happy, show guest where the product used is located. Let them hold it.
- Check out guest and offers to pre-book them for their next event or next blowout.
- Offer to walk guest out to their car with an umbrella when it is raining or snowing.
- Get guest info and mail a thank you/ love note to guest when they are new to the salon.
- Preform side work duties and cleans up station and tools after each guest.
- Take things home or keeps them in a locker in the back.
- Use the buddy system when leaving at night.
Tasks for Classes
- Develop a Lesson for each mini class. (Communicate and approve with manager)
- Communicate with manager what you will need prior to the class.
- Set up before class starts. (manager or staff will assist)
- Teach Class to staff or clients with confidence in product and technique. (Manager or staff will assist)
- Ask if anyone has questions throughout the class and offers assistance to those who need it.
- Stay patient and relaxed.
- Keep classes fun and energetic.
- Wipe down top and bottom of shelf on back bar where products and hot tools are located.
- Sweep floor around styling chairs and shampoo bowls.
- Wipe down bases of styling chairs with stainless steel cleaner.
- Wipe down styling chairs with a wet towel to remove hair and product build up.
- Wipe down maple shelf under mirrors.
- Wipe down sconces when dusty (carefully).
- Clean mirrors.
- Wipe off products on back bar and at shampoo area.
- Wipe off shampoo chairs and bowls.
- Get hair out of traps at shampoo bowls.
- Make sure towel warmer is full when needed and empty at end of shift. (Left open to air out at
- end of shift)
- Stock towels.
- Fold towels.
- Wash/dry towels.
- Make sure tile around shampoo bowls is mopped at end of shift.
- Make sure wood floors around styling chairs is mopped at end of shift.
- Stock pins, rubber bands, bobby pins when needed.
- Help keep back room neat and tidy.
Compensation: 35%- 41% Commission (plus gratuity) on all services performed.
Hours: 20-30 hours per week. Full-time hours are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, CommissionReturn to List Printable Version