Spartanburg, SC - February 28, 2022
Contact InformationName: Ava Smith
Carpenter Job Responsibilities:
• Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
• Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
• Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
• Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
• Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
• Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
• Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
• Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
• Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
• Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
• Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
• Cleans up worksite debris.
Carpenter Qualifications / Skills:
• Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers
• Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
• Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• High school diploma is an asset
• 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
Pay Range: $14 to $18/hr depending on experience
Job Type: Full-timeReturn to List Printable Version