The Billing Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices, the reconciliation of billing accounts, and communication with clients to ensure payment procedures are fulfilled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review Daily Field Service Request Logs for completeness and accuracy.
· Review and process invoices on a regular basis, including ensuring accurate billing codes are applied.
· Generate invoices and account statements and distribute them to customers on a regular basis via email and the applicable customer portals.
· Investigate and resolve discrepancies in billing accounts.
· Communicate with customers to address questions or issues related to invoices.
· Coordinate with Operations team to correct any problems with customer accounts.
· Maintain and update customer records, ensuring all billing information is accurate and up to date.
· Prepare regular reports and forecasts on billing activities.
· Stay current on billing procedures and contracts to ensure company compliance.
· Assist with the accounts receivable and collections; handle payments and ensure they’re correctly applied to customer accounts.
· Daily receipt and posting of customer payments.
· Manage the collections process in compliance with company’s collection policy.
· Implement improvements in the billing process to increase efficiency and accuracy.
· Cross-train to back up Accounting Clerk for payroll submission duties.
· Associate degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is a plus.
· Proficient with QuickBooks and customer time-entry and billing portals.
· At least 2 years of experience in a service billing role.
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
· Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
· Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Excel, Word, and Outlook)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with customers.
· Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to plan, organize and execute work accurately and independently.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· Valid State of Georgia Driver’s License required.
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently safely and successfully within the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards revocation.
· Actively contributing to a positive group atmosphere
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage time effectively.
· Mainly time will be spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
· Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage – 75% of employee premium covered by company.
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Weekly Pay
Pay: $20-$24 per hour