Flat Fee Recruiting is assisting a premier facility maintenance and support service provider specializing in Operations & Maintenance,
Repairs, Renovation, Janitorial, Grounds Maintenance, and Professional Services find an ideal Business Development Manager. This is a full-time opportunity with competitive compensation based on qualifications + commission structure and a complete benefit package.
The Business Development Manager builds revenue in target Janitorial Services and Operations & Maintenance markets by locating, developing, defining, and building business relationships as well as generates new business revenue through existing account services and the development of new prospects. The Business Development Manager also assists and develops marketing material and advises management on effective marketing strategies. The Business Development Manager knows each client’s operating profile, current and potential service requirements, and labor utilization. This person also serves as a subject matter expert regarding all aspects of Janitorial and O&M contracts and is a key consultant to prospective clients, current clients, executive management, and employees. They will determine 2 levels of resources required by prospects, lead the proposal development/submission process and write proposals and bids.
- Assist with the development of an Individual Action Plan for acquiring new business and reaching new business revenue goals in target areas.
- Lead the process of acquiring new accounts and other growth strategies in order to achieve revenue goals.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the operations of Janitorial and O&M services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and prospects.
Our ideal candidate will have the following professional competencies:
Building collaborative relationships and networking: Ability to establish relationships quickly with a broad range of constituents, developing trust with all levels of executives. The ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
Strategic Thinking: The ability to analyze the organization’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses ascompared to competitors.
Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
Initiative & Self-Management: Able to work with ambiguous directions and take initiative to prioritize and make improvements that will improve progress toward goals.
Organizational and Planning Skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, meet weekly with senior management to update progress on new opportunities and pipeline, and track details/data/information/activities. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create, and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
Results Orientation: Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done. Focuses on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting, or exceeding them.
- 5+ years proven sales experience in Janitorial or Operations & Maintenance services
- Bachelor’s Degree or requisite experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Proficient with CRM software, preferably HubSpot
- Ability to develop and manage large proposal efforts based on Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screening tests.
- Ability to pass requirements to obtain a security badge, as needed by the client.
- Authorization to work in the US as per the E-Verify database.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Experience working on government/prime contractor procurements and proposals.
- Established network in target markets.
- Proven sales experience in Commercial and Government Janitorial services
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Familiarity with Deltek GovWinIQ software.
- The Business Development Manager works mostly during normal business hours, 7:30am – 5:30pm Monday –Thursday, Friday 7:30am – 11:30am but on occasion will be required to work evenings and weekends to perform work-site visits, attend meetings and perform marketing activities.
- Frequent travel is required to meet with clients, prospective clients and visit work sites.
- Wednesday and Friday will be required administration day unless business dictates otherwise.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 annually, depending on experience
To apply, please email your resume to Info@flatfeehiring.com with this position as the subject line.