Are you looking for summer work only? Or are you open to a year- round opportunity that aligns with the schedule of Greenville County schools? You have the option of applying for Part-Time or Full-Time for this opportunity!
Summer Enrichment Program Computer Lab’s Position Description
Summary of Duties:
· Creates lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the students in the class.
· Evaluates student performances in class and on tests and provides feedback.
· Assigns special projects to students.
· Communicates students’ progress to parents, particularly regarding students who need tutoring or other extra assistance.
· Provides appropriate resources and learning materials for students.
· Identifies varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently.
· Develops and updates curriculum for the classroom.
· Conducts research.
· Encourages creativity in students.
· Maintains computer laboratories and keeps an inventory of supplies.
· Ensures that computer equipment is functioning properly.
· Maintains accurate records of students’ progress in class and on examinations.
· Keeps order in the classroom and handles student behavior issues in accordance with school system policies.
· Maintains an orderly classroom stocked with appropriate supplies.
· Stays up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom.
· Petitions administrators for updated hardware and software for the classroom.
· Runs the classroom within the allocated budget.
· Keeps all classroom work backed up.
· Ensures that the internet in the classroom is used only for appropriate educational purposes.
· Posts grades and sends grade reports to parents as required by the school system.
· Teaches remote or online classes to adult students who cannot take part in daytime classes.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Christian in belief.
· Holds an associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with teaching certification and continuing education courses for keeping up with technological advancements.
· Holds a valid certification through the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA).
· Experience working with early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school aged children.
· Must have exceptional computer skills.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
· Must have excellent trouble shooting skills.
· Have superior dexterity for keyboarding and operating a mouse.
· Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Must have good social networking skills.
· Must understand computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, hard drives, and file storage.
· Must have strong public speaking skills.
· Must be detail oriented and mechanically inclined.
Work Schedule: The Year-round work schedule follows Greenville County Schools Academic Student Calendar. Summer Enrichment Program will run from June 5th through July 28th, daily from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Will need to be available for student check-in and check-out procedures.
Salary: Summer Enrichment Program Computer Lab Technician will be paid $15.00 per hour.