Are you looking for summer work only? Or are you open to a year- round opportunity that aligns with the schedule of Greenville County schools? You have the option of applying for Part-Time or Full-Time for this opportunity!
Summer Enrichment Program Culinary Position Description
Summary of Duties: The Summer Enrichment Program Culinary Staff is responsible for preparing and serving breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks to students in RFCCD’s Summer Enrichment Program. Culinary Staff is responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary condition where food is prepared. Culinary Staff is responsible for packaging and delivering snacks/dishes to students in RFCCD’s Summer Enrichment Program.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Christian in belief.
· Holds a high school diploma or GED.
· Vocational or technical school diploma in Nutrition is preferred.
· Knowledge in the safety procedures, including safe temperatures at which ingredients must be kept and to which food must be prepared to avoid foodborne illness.
· Accountability for the preparation of snacks/dishes.
· Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders and recipes and to correctly prepare dishes to appropriate standards.
· Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to handle tools for chopping, slicing, cutting, dicing, etc.
· Is always a professional.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Work with Summer Enrichment Program Teachers, Program Educators, Administrative Coordinator, and Program Developer to make appropriate referrals as needed.
· Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, and community contacts.
· Committed, Capable, and Competent person.
· Conscientious, self-starter, and independent.
· Punctual, trustworthy, accountable, and meticulous to details.
Work Schedule: The Year-round work schedule follows Greenville County Schools Academic Student Calendar. Summer Enrichment Program will run from June 5th through July 28th, daily from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Salary: After School Teacher Culinary Staff will be paid $15.00 per hour.