Are you looking for summer work only? Or are you open to a year- round opportunity that aligns with the schedule of Greenville County schools? You have the option of applying for Part-Time or Full-Time for this opportunity!
Summer Enrichment Program Custodian/Housekeeper Position Description
Summary of Duties:
· Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
· Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
· Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
· Unlocks doors, ensuring doors are locked after cleaning areas.
· Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels.
· Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
· Assists in on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
· Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
· May provide vendors with access to areas for cleaning and may answer basic questions.
· May report issues with vendors to supervisor.
· May assist or perform minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Christian in belief.
· Holds High school diploma or GED.
· Experience working with early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school aged children.
· Ability to understand verbal instructions.
· Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
· Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
· Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
· Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
· Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
Work Schedule: The Year-round work schedule follows Greenville County Schools Academic Student Calendar. Summer Enrichment Program will run from June 5th through July 28th, daily from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Salary: Summer Enrichment Program Custodian/Housekeeper will be paid $15.00 per hour.