Are you looking for summer work only? Or are you open to a year- round opportunity that aligns with the schedule of Greenville County schools? You have the option of applying for Part-Time or Full-Time for this opportunity!
Summer Enrichment Program Librarian’s Position Description
Summary of Duties: The Summer Enrichment Program Librarian creates a collaborative learning environment for students and is charged with the instruction of students and daily operations of the library program at RFCCD. The Summer Enrichment Program Librarian is responsible for the functions of the library (i.e., evaluation and selection, ordering and processing, utilization of media and technology information skills to assist students and staff, locating, evaluating, and using library media materials, and technologies). The Summer Enrichment Program Librarian will establish procedures for selection, acquisition, circulation, resource sharing that ensure resources are available when needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Christian in belief.
· Holds a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with teaching certification.
· Holds a valid certification in Library Science from an accredited institution.
· Experience working with elementary-aged school children.
· Knowledge in the primary responsibilities for the functions of a library (i.e., evaluation and selection, ordering and processing, utilization of media, instructional role, media and technology information skills, assisting students and staff in locating, evaluating and using library media materials and technology).
· Is always a professional.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Work with Afterschool Teachers, Program Educators, Administrative Coordinator, and Program Developer to make appropriate referrals as needed.
· Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, and community contacts.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Proficient in Audio and Visual technology.
· Exemplify competence in classifying, cataloging, processing, storage, and circulation of materials.
· Able to evaluate, promote, and use existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, supplement RFCCD’s resources, and communicate with students and teachers.
· Understand copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property and assisting students, staff, and community with their understanding and observance of the same.
· Committed, Capable, and Competent person.
· Conscientious, self-starter, and independent.
· Punctual, trustworthy, accountable, and meticulous to details.
· Ability to maintain RFCCD student information and records confidentially.
· Ability to perform responsibilities in an objective and unbiased manner.
Work Schedule: The Year-round work schedule follows Greenville County Schools Academic Student Calendar. Summer Enrichment Program will run from June 5th through July 28th, daily from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Will need to be available for student check-in and check-out procedures.
Salary: After School Teacher Librarian will be paid $15.00 per hour.