The Loan Officer position proactively markets and originates mortgage loan products in order to meet individual productivity and quality goals while representing Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. Maintains existing client relationships as well as identifies and develops potential new customer opportunities. Must hold active NMLS license for this role.
· Develops marketing plan to exceed FIMC goals for loan quality and productivity.
· Maintains knowledge of all FIMC policies and guidelines and understanding of all company products.
· Adheres to all company policies and guidelines and federal and state regulations related to real estate lending.
· Responds to customers inquiries regarding mortgage loan products.
· Advises consumers of FIMC’S lending guidelines and procedures.
· Analyzes customers’ financial data to identify appropriate products to meet customers’ financial goals.
· Develops and maintains a network of real estate agents, builders, and other professionals who can provide ongoing sources of business referrals, by participating in professional organizations and community activities promoting homeownership.
· Completes loan applications according to The SAFE Act.
Non-essential Job Functions
· Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
· Adopts FIMC values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions.
· Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can-do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity, and fun.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Experience
· Basic knowledge and understanding of Document Prep Vendor.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of Encompass.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service best practices.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage loan programs and documents.
Required Education and Experience
· All Loan Originators must have an active license with Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation through the NMLS for every state in which they conduct business before representing themselves as a Mortgage Loan Originator.
· High School diploma or equivalency degree.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience preferred.
· SAFE Act Compliant and a licensed loan originator in the state in which loans are being originated.
· Demonstrated experience in Retail Loan Origination / Sales.
· 2+ years of recent origination experience, in Mortgage Banking and MUST have a consistent source of referral-based business from realtors, builders, attorneys, financial professionals, etc.
· Proven loan origination documented from the last 2 consecutive years.
· Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting data.
· Demonstrated experience using available information to make sound business decisions.
· Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, managing a loan pipeline, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products including 10 key.
· This position is primarily an in-office position.
· Normal office environment