Flat Fee Recruiting is looking for skilled Machine Operators to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.The ideal candidate is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safetystandards. They will be a team player, as their tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The Machine Operator ensures that production procedures will be carried out smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
Machine Operators may work with mechanical or computer-operated equipment. They must be technically inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery. Since problems with machinery may arise, machine operators must be able to analyze situations and find solutions. Candidates for this position should be detail-oriented and willing to learn. Machine Operators should be able to follow instructions, work with others, and help ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
- 1 year of experience as a Machine Operator in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus, but not necessary
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
Hours: 6:00 am – 4:40 pm, Monday through Friday
Salary: $16.00 an hour
Benefits: 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision and PTO