Greer Relief has been serving the Upstate community for over 85 years by keeping food on the table and families in their homes. Neighbors in need have difficulty getting or retaining a job, furthering their education, or nurturing their children. We are dedicated to providing essential services & next-step programming to our neighbors. We seek to reflect the diversity of the community and are committed to partnerships that support healthy lifestyles and families. Our long-term goal is to help our neighbors identify and overcome barriers, leading to long-lasting success.
The RENEW Program Coordinator will foster relationships with a diverse population of people and organizations to coordinate RENEW classes and FoodShare. The ability to understand the demographic of people we serve is crucial when creating a curriculum focused on neighbors’ needs. This knowledge is the cement that binds the Mission Impact programs and creates a pathway for long-term community impact. This is a highly collaborative position requiring a creative, flexible team player, with a strong work ethic, and a desire to work creatively to solve problems. A logistically-minded individual who will keep track of data and manage multiple schedules, while still progressing toward large-scale program goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek out and engage in community events to promote Greer Relief, focusing on the RENEW Program with the goal of recruiting additional support and/or volunteers.
- With guidance from Mission Impact Manager, seek to strategically improve the RENEW program.
- Gather and organize assistance documentation to comply with funding source guidelines.
- Maintain reporting/data collection for Greer Relief (assistance stats, outcomes, demographics, funding status, etc.).
- Recruit, screen, schedule, and retain RENEW Volunteer Educators
- Coordinate publicity of RENEW class schedule on the sign-up site, website, social media, and eNewsletter.
- Further develop & maintain RENEW policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for RENEW Volunteer Educators.
- Maintain accurate & up to date records on RENEW Volunteer Educators in CharityProud.
- Maintain accurate & up to date RENEW Class participation in Charity Tracker.
- Schedule and coordinate with the Volunteer Coordinator the RENEW Shoppe shopping hours and RENEW participant shopping guidelines, including the Christmas Morning Shoppe.
- Partner with the Volunteer Coordinator to best prepare volunteers to sort, determine what to keep, set up, and run the Shoppe.
- Research, collaborate, and aid in writing grant funding opportunities for RENEW with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate the annual Neighborhood Connections event.
- Coordinate the process, ordering, & training of volunteers for the bimonthly fresh food box program.
- Answer phones and direct calls appropriately, including providing resource referrals to other agencies/ services.
- Work with the Team to better the programs of Greer Relief
- Submit RENEW & FoodShare reports to Mission Impact Manager
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Assist with the process of receiving donations.
- Adheres to the “Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals”
- Complete other tasks as needed and/or assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE / EXPERTISE:
- Passion for the mission of Greer Relief.
- Reliable, honest and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Understand the impact of your work on others.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and accountability.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Full-Time, flexible work schedule based on program schedule, exempt position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis or concentration in project management or related field.
- Minimum high school or equivalent with work experience.
- Three (3) years of comparable work experience in project management or a closely related field (i.e., volunteer management)
- English, Spanish is a plus.
- Comfortable with using office equipment, i.e., scanner, copier, printer, etc.
- Proficient with various software: Gmail, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Canva.
- Experience with a content management system (WordPress)
- Ability to sit and work on a computer and phone for the majority of the day.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- No voice, sensory or physical impairment which would preclude phone or personal contact with Greer Relief neighbors.
- This position has a shared office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for work related travel.
- $26,000-35,000 depending on experience. All Staff of Greer Relief and Resources Agency must successfully complete a criminal and financial background investigation.