Are you looking for summer work only? Or are you open to a year- round opportunity that aligns with the schedule of Greenville County schools? You have the option of applying for Part-Time or Full-Time for this opportunity!
Summer Enrichment Program Nurse Position Description
Summary of Duties:
· Responsible for the healthcare of our students and staff members.
· Educating students about nutrition and health.
· Developing healthcare initiatives for the Reedy Fork Center for Community Development.
· Utilizing existing resources to provide appropriate healthcare to students and staff.
· Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing preventative healthcare services, such as immunizations.
· Developing and implementing health plans for students with specific health needs.
· Carrying out health assessments and screening for deficits in vision, hearing, growth, and/or development of students.
· Planning and implementing school health management protocols and procedures, especially for emergency situations.
· Providing referrals, to parents or staff, for intervention and remediation of abnormal or worrying health conditions affecting students.
· Providing ongoing health counseling to students, parents, and staff.
· Completing medical paperwork, when necessary.
· Fill out and maintain accurate paperwork to track students’ progress.
· Attending various school meetings.
· Help with students’ emotional, mental, social, and physical health in various ways.
· Administer medications that students have been prescribed.
· Carry out health assessments.
· Refer students to physicians as needed.
· Treat common scrapes and bruises.
· Develop targeted plans to meet individual students’ health needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Christian in belief.
· Holds an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
· Registered Nurse with current license in South Carolina
· Current CPR/First Aid Certification
· Experience working with early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school aged children.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Wonderful bedside manner.
Work Schedule: Year-round work schedule follows Greenville County Schools Academic Student Calendar. Summer Enrichment Program will run from June 5th through July 28th, daily from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Salary: Summer Enrichment Program Nurse will be paid $20.00 per hour.