Heavy Equipment Operator
Duties & Responsibilities
**Must be proficient in Dozers and Excavators with GPS**
Exact duties can depend on a heavy equipment operator’s specialization. Some common responsibilities include:
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company’s operating safety policies and procedures.
- Perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
- Respond to signals and directions by the staff and work in coordination with them
- Maintain proper coordination and cooperation with the road and transport system while driving/working, so that the normal activities are not disrupted.
- Operate the equipment manually and also through the use of electronic or technical methods of operation.
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance.
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
- Ensure company equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner. Collect and dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday; Some weekends required.
- Full-Time /40+ hours a week
- Day starts typically at 6am.
- Shift ends typically at 5pm
- Saturday/Sunday work as required
BENEFITS: Vacation, Holiday, Health
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour